pre barre energy bites!
Introducing our "Nourish" series featuring recipes for healthy snacks & meals, nutrition advice, our favourite healthy food spots in Colombo and a chat or two with the barre babes who own them.
Here's a simple recipe for an energy packed bite sized protein ball that's going to kick your metabolism into gear pre-class - which means, you'll be burning those calories for longer even after you're done!
- 1/2 cup of almond butter (available at Good Market shop)
- 1/4 raw organic honey (Baraka)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/3 cup of protein powder (optional)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds (available at VitaWell)
- 1/3 cup of organic dark chocolate chips
Combine all the ingredients, Roll into bite sized balls. Refrigerate.
Enjoy before class! Yup, that easy.
Let us know if you try this recipe and your thoughts + modifications!